Application for SY 20-21
School Year 2020 - 2021
We are actively seeking applications for keiki born between 8/1/2015 - 7/31/2016 to be considered for acceptance for the 2020-2021 school year.
Applications are also welcome for keiki born between 8/1/2016 - 7/31/2017, however, these applicants will be placed on our waiting list for the 2020-2021 school year.
Licensed by the State of Hawaiʻi, Mālamapōkiʻi is a fully accredited program that provides a Hawaiian culture, values and place-based program aligned with age-appropriate pre-school standards.
Who May Apply
Mālamapōkiʻi welcomes all keiki who would like to attend in the following age groups:
- Three-years-old on or before July 31, 2020;
- All four-year-olds; and
- Turning five-years-old on August 1, 2020, or later.
- An annual physical exam by a medical doctor.
- TB clearance. (No student can enter a public school for the first time without TB clearance)
- Department of Health required immunizations for preschool. Immunizations must meet the minimum age and intervals between vaccine doses.
- Keiki must be fully toilet trained before admittance. This means your keiki can verbalize his/her needs to use the toilet without assistance.
- Parent/Guardian or designee MUST attend Parent and Child Time Together (PACT) every Friday for about one hour.
- Monthly tuition is $600.00 per month.
Child Care subsidies are available through the following programs:
- Child Care Connection Hawaii (CCCH) using a sliding fee scale for families meeting income eligibility requirements. For more information contact Child Care Connections at 855-643-1643 or Child Care Hawaii
- Preschool Open Doors (POD) using a sliding fee scale for families meeting income eligibility requirements. For more information contact Patch at 1-800-746-5620 or Patch Hawaii.
- Native Hawaiian keiki may also apply for financial assistance through the Pauahi Keiki Scholars (PKS) preschool scholarship. For more information contact the KS Resource Center-West Hawaiʻi at 322-5400 or KSBE Financial Aid.
School Year and Hours of Operation
Mālamapōkiʻi follows the same 10-month school calendar, intersessions and daily schedule as Kanu o ka Āina NCPCS 8:00 am - 2:30 pm Monday through Thursday; 8:00 am - 12 pm on Fridays.
The application is available online
If you have any questions or concerns, please stop by the KALO office or call 887-1117.